I am pleased to announce that The Rapid E-Learning Blog has been selected as a finalist for this year’s CODiE Awards as the Best Corporate Blog.
“Competition is tough this year and that makes selection as a CODiE Finalist a real achievement,” said Ken Wash, SIIA president. “All the companies on this year’s list should feel justifiably proud of their recognition.”
I am honored that the blog has been selected as a finalist for the CODiE Awards. Because the CODiE award nominees are peer reviewed by those in the software and information industry, making the final cut is a confirmation of the type of quality and focus we envisioned when we started the blog in August. To me, it’s also a confirmation of what we hope to accomplish with the blog.
When the CODiE reviewers asked about our blog, this is what I told them:
Our company’s mission is to empower our customers to create great elearning. Many of our customers are drawn to us because of the simplicity of the software and that the end product makes them look good. To further empower our users we created The Rapid E-Learning Blog. It provides practical tips and tricks that really help people.
One of the goals of the blog is to help our users think outside of how they might normally approach the software. The challenge for many of them is that they are one person operations and have limited resources. They don’t get to go to industry conferences or have their organizations sponsor big training events. Many of them are left to fend for themselves. Our blog fills the gap.
What makes our blog unique is that it’s not about Articulate and what we’re doing. Instead it’s about our customers and helping them be successful. Ultimately, our success comes from helping people.
About the CODiE Awards
The CODiE Awards celebrate achievement and vision in software, education technology and digital content. Presented by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), these awards represent the only-peer reviewed honor in the industry.
The Software & Information Industry Association is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education and intellectual property protection to the leading companies that are setting the pace for the digital age. SIIA’s principal mission is to:
For 23 years, SIIA’s CODiE Awards have been the leading honor for the software and information industry’s finest products and services. CODiE Awards judges work to identify the "best-of-the-best" from hundreds of nominees – over 1,000 in 2007.
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- May 9 (Indianapolis, IN). Fun Storyline Workshops. Day 1: Moving Beyond Bullet Points and Day 2: Building Interactive Video.
- May 11-12 (Phoenix, AZ). Two sessions, sign up for one or both. E-learning at the Speed of Business and Interactive E-learning Made Easy. Registration here.
- May 30-31 (Sydney, AU). Learn an assortment of production tips, interactive video, and how to build interactive elearning. Register here.
- June 2-3 (Melbourne, AU). Learn an assortment of production tips, interactive video, and how to build interactive elearning. Register here.
- June 29-30 (Toronto, ON). Learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- July 26 & 27 (Boston, MA). Learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- August 3 & 4 (Seattle, WA). Learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- September 20-21 (Dallas, TX). Learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- October 12-13 (Vancouver, BC). Learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.