I had a great time at recent presentations in Minneapolis and Nashville. It’s really fun to meet people from different parts of the country. Like in most sessions, I find that many are struggling to work by themselves with limited resources. So I’m always looking for ways to help people get more out of the tools they have.
During these trips I tend to have extra time at the airport, so usually play around with template ideas. They help me eat up some of the time waiting and I know that I’ll be able to give away the templates.
Here’s a template I was playing with recently (and a few additional templates for you to download).
Business Time PowerPoint Template
This template is designed around four sections. Of course, once you break it apart and see how it’s built, you can add as many sections as you like. I also used a couple of fonts from the free Google web fonts I mentioned a couple of weeks ago: Airstream and Arvo.
If you want to change the images in the sections, that’s easy to do. They’re just shaped filled with pictures. Right-click on the shape and then fill it with a different image. You can move the image around the shape using the offset X and Y axis.
Bluegreen PowerPoint Template
The template below is from the Skyscan demo I did a couple of years ago. I wrote about it in this blog post on how you can save your job in this economy. This template works really well with Articulate Engage.
Subtle Sky PowerPoint Template
Below is an idea I was playing with a while back. It has a very subtle blue accent to it. It’s made up of two basic screens like the Skyscan demo. I never did anything with it because it was too subtle. You’re free to use it if you like.
Community PowerPoint Templates
Jeanette’s recently added a couple of templates to the Articulate community. They’re pretty cool. You can see them in action below. Feel free to download them and use as you wish.
All of these demos are available to you via the E-learning Heroes community. You can find them in the free downloads section or download them individually using the links below.
Hope you enjoy the templates and can find some use for them.
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- August 3 & 4 (Seattle, WA). Connect with your peers in the Pacific Northwest and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. SOLD OUT.
- September 20-21 (Dallas, TX). Connect with your peers in Texas and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- October 12-13 (Vancouver, BC). Connect with your peers in British Columbia and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- November 1 & 2 (London). Articulate Roadshow. Details coming soon.
- November 4 (Dublin). Articulate E-Learning Workshop. Details coming soon.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.