Go to a learning conference today; use the words PowerPoint and e-learning in the same sentence and, typically, you’ll get lots of eyes rolling. In minutes, you’ll hear clothes tear and see clouds of ash being flung about as the experts lament the destruction of human civilization. Why all the fuss?
In this 5-part series, we’ll explore common misconceptions about rapid e-learning development and discuss ways that rapid e-learning can help you do a great job and get the results you want.
- Myth 1: Rapid E-Learning Is Crapid E-Learning!
- Myth 2: Rapid E-Learning Is Important, But It’s A Second Class Product!
- Myth 3: A Rapid E-Learning Tool In The Hands Of Subject Matter Experts Is Not Good!
- Myth 4: Since Anybody Can Now Build Training, I Am Going To Lose My Job!
- Myth 5: Rapid E-Learning Takes The Creativity Out Of The Learning Process!
Look over the posts and tell me what you think. Are there any other myths that need busting?
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- August 3 & 4 (Seattle, WA). Connect with your peers in the Pacific Northwest and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. SOLD OUT.
- September 20-21 (Dallas, TX). Connect with your peers in Texas and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- October 12-13 (Vancouver, BC). Connect with your peers in British Columbia and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- November 1 & 2 (London). Articulate Roadshow. Details coming soon.
- November 4 (Dublin). Articulate E-Learning Workshop. Details coming soon.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.