I like to keep things simple so I usually package ideas around three key points. It all started when I was taught that there are three steps to getting things done:
- Prepare to do the job.
- Do it.
- Then clean up when you’re done.
Did this give me all the details I needed to do the job? No. But it did provide some clear steps to guide me. And that’s what I see as my mission with this blog.
I like to provide some simple steps to help you move in the right direction. Of course there’ll be some gaps between the steps, but that’s OK. They’ll get filled as you apply what you’re learning and gain more experience.
For this week’s post I decided to review all of the posts where I provided three steps to do something. You’ll find them below with a summary (and of course loosely organized in three groups).
General Thoughts on Rapid E-Learning
- 3 Things You Can Only Learn from a Real E-Learning Expert: Learn to work with subject matter experts and the tech-savvy millennials; and get a definitive explanation of how to finally spell
e-learning eLearning elearningleearning.
- Three Things I Learned About Learning on My Deathbed: Motivated learners will learn. It’s all a matter of being prepared to try.
- Three Practical Ideas for Using Twitter in E-Learning: Social media tools are all the rage, but what’s their role in elearning?
- 3 Creative Ways to Empower Your Learners: Want your learners to learn? Give them something to do.
- 3 More Free Tools to Help Build Better E-Learning Courses: We’re all on a budget. Here are three free applications that may help you build elearning courses.
- Three Sure-Fire Tips to Build Better E-Learning Courses: Here’s an overview of some key decisions we made pulling together a rapid elearning course in just a few days.
- Save Time with These 3 Rapid E-Learning Tips: You’ll only save time and make your job easier with these three PowerPoint elearning tips.
- Three Time-Saving Rapid E-Learning Tips: Three more production tips that will save you time. You can also download a PowerPoint template.
- 3 Simple Ways to Measure the Success of Your E-Learning: Everyone’s yacking about ROI, but here are three practical tips to wow your boss and co-workers.
- These 3 Tips Can Change Your Compliance E-Learning Forever: Compliance training’s probably one of those things that will make eyes roll. But these tips can help you overcome that challenge.
- The 3 Essential Questions Every Learner Wants Answered: Are you wasting your learner’s time? Answers to these three questions may help you avoid that.
- 3 Proven Techniques to Add Creativity to Your E-Learning Courses: Here are some ideas to engage and motivate those who take your elearning courses.
- 3 Things to Consider When Building Your E-Learning Courses: Instructional design should be intentional. What are you doing to build the best courses possible?
- 3 Ways to Define Interactive Rapid E-Learning: Are your courses engaging and interactive? It’s not as hard as you may think.
- 3 Graphic Design Principles for Instructional Design Success: Instructional design involves creating flow and movement through the course content. Here are some tips to learn how.
- 3 Simple Techniques to Guide Your Learner’s Attention: You can capture your learner’s attention with these three ideas. How’s that for an explanation?
Graphics & Course Design
- Build Branched E-Learning Scenarios in Three Simple Steps: Interactive elearning starts with providing the learner a challenge. And then offer some choices that produce consequences.
- 3 Simple Steps to Create Background Images for Your Next E-Learning Scenario: So you’re ready to build your first interactive scenario, but you’re not quite sure what it should look like. Learn to create the backgrounds for your elearning courses.
- 3 Brainstorm Ideas for Your Next E-Learning Course: Stuck on what to do with your next course. Here are three ideas to help you get started.
- 3 Ways to Build Remarkable E-Learning: Are your courses something people are talking about? These ideas will help you build courses that are noteworthy.
- 3 Sure-Fire Ways to Make
Your E-Learning Graphics Sizzle: Simple tips to turn your basic graphics into something more dynamic.
- 3 Easy Ways to Create Silhouette Characters: Stuck with clip art and boring pictures? Get more life out of your graphic assets by converting them to silhouettes.
- 3 Simple Ways to Find the Resources You Need to Build E-Learning Courses: Here’s a list of resources that are free and easy to find.
So there you have it. Seventy rapid elearning tips that will help you get started, save time, and find the resources you need to build better elearning.
Upcoming E-Learning Workshops & Events (2015)
- September 23 & 24 (Vancouver). Community-based elearning workshops focused on practical tips & tricks. You can register for one day or two days. To learn more & register, click here.
- September 29 (Las Vegas). Want to learn to get the right look and feel for your courses? Join David Anderson and me for a fun and active hands-on workshop. This topic is by far one of the most popular of the ones we've covered in any of our workshops in the past.
- September 30 (Las Vegas). Going to Devlearn? Swing by the Articulate booth and say hello.
- October 28 & 29 (Philadelphia). Community-based elearning workshops focused on practical tips & tricks. You can register for one day or two days. To learn more and register, click here.
- November: Just added! I'll be in London, Dublin, Berlin, Paris, Belgium, and Utrecht. Details coming soon.
Free E-learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.