2010 flashed by me so fast I was worried that if I stuck my arm out it would become fossilized. Despite that it was a great year of traveling around and getting to meet many of you at conferences and informal jam sessions. I also got to see parts of the country I hadn’t seen before.
2011 is going to be an exciting year. We at Articulate have some cool things planned. And as far as conferences, I’ll be at the usual ones like ASTD ICE and Devlearn. But, I’m also making arrangements to get out to some new places. You’ll hear more in the coming weeks. And as usual, if I’m on the road, I’ll try to stay an extra day and do some informal Articulate jam sessions.
Top Ten Posts
As for the most popular posts of the year, I took our data to the top secret Articulate labs, ran a few tests, and produced the following results.
Bunch of Free Stuff
As you know, I like to give away the demos and mock ups that I build for the blog. But I find that it’s even getting hard for me to find the stuff I’ve done in the past. One of my goals for 2011 is to make it easier for you to find all of the free templates and assets we’ve made available over the years. So stay tuned.
In the meantime, here are the posts that offered some free templates and elearning assets. I’ve also included a bonus template.
- How Fonts Take a Starring Role in Your E-Learning Courses
- Here’s a Quick Way to Create Your Next E-Learning Template in PowerPoint
- Inspiring Designs to Keep Your E-Learning Courses Looking Fresh
- How to Design the Visual Elements for Interactive Elearning Courses
- Create E-Learning Templates With a Consistent Clip Art Style
- Here’s a Free PowerPoint E-Learning Template
- A Dozen Handpicked E-Learning Resources
- Get More Life Out of Your Clip Art with This Simple Trick
- 7 Simple Rapid E-Learning Tips & Free PowerPoint Template
- Free PowerPoint Template & Simple Way to Share Files
- Celebrate Thanksgiving with This Free PowerPoint Template
- Create a Chalkboard Template with These Simple Tips & More Than 40 Free Graphics
- How to Design An Elearning Course on a Budget
- More Than 100 PowerPoint Tutorials & a Free Template
Bonus Template: Here’s a template based on the FTC demo I did a while back. You can see the template in action here. There are six slide layout options.
What elearning goals do you have for 2011? Feel free to share them by clicking on the comments link.
Upcoming E-Learning Workshops & Events (2015)
- September 23 & 24 (Vancouver). Community-based elearning workshops focused on practical tips & tricks. You can register for one day or two days. To learn more & register, click here.
- September 29 (Las Vegas). Want to learn to get the right look and feel for your courses? Join David Anderson and me for a fun and active hands-on workshop. This topic is by far one of the most popular of the ones we've covered in any of our workshops in the past.
- September 30 (Las Vegas). Going to Devlearn? Swing by the Articulate booth and say hello.
- October 28 & 29 (Philadelphia). Community-based elearning workshops focused on practical tips & tricks. You can register for one day or two days. To learn more and register, click here.
- November: Just added! I'll be in London, Dublin, Berlin, Paris, Belgium, and Utrecht. Details coming soon.
Free E-learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.