Does this sound familiar? You’ve built your course slides, you’ve added your audio, you’re previewing your finished product…and you notice some things about the narration you’d like to change.
Maybe there are a few too many “ums,” or dead air at the start or end of some slides. Or maybe some parts of your audio are just a little too loud or soft.
You can fix all these things without ever leaving your Articulate software. No matter which authoring tool you’re using—Articulate Storyline, Articulate Presenter, Articulate Quizmaker, or Articulate Engage—you’ve got a handy audio editor right at your fingertips. There’s no need to switch to a separate tool, tweak your sound, and then import the updated files. Just open the audio editor right from your project and make your changes.
Here’s how to find the audio editor in each Articulate authoring tool:
Once you’ve opened the audio editor, it’s a snap to edit the sound. You can do things like:
- Cut, copy, and paste any portion of audio
- Record and insert new audio (or import existing sound files)
- Insert silence anywhere
- Adjust the volume of any portion of audio
- Export audio to create a backup or use the audio in other applications
And if you’re working in Articulate Presenter, you can even use the audio editor to:
- Fine-tune the timing of your synced animations
- Adjust the start and end points of individual slides
Need some guidance on any of these tasks? Take a five-minute tour of the audio editor’s handy features: