The ball dropped a week ago, but that hasn’t slowed down the Articulate community.
In fact, your fellow community members continue ringing in the new year by helping one another tackle the most common e-learning resolutions:
- Lose (course) weight: There’s never been a better time to tighten the timeline and reduce bloated courses.
- Get (inter) active: Exercise your e-learning muscles by learning new ways to avoid linear, passive courses.
- Save (development) money: Course budgets are tighter than ever—we get that. That’s why we’re always adding free assets and templates to help you shorten development times.
- Reduce (bullet point) stress: There’s no reason to use smaller font sizes to fit text on your slides. Instead, try some of these creative ways for reducing on-screen text.
- Spend more time with the (Articulate) family: No matter how busy you get, you’ll always feel welcome in E-Learning Heroes.
Want even more ideas for building better e-learning? Check out the highlights shared during the past week:
- Getting design inspiration from everyday things
- Aligning objects using PowerPoint’s grid and guides
- How to create interactive graphics and screenshots in Articulate Storyline
- How to customize the quiz review info on a text entry question in Articulate Storyline
- How to adjust objects on the timeline in Articulate Storyline
- Utilizing Storyline’s built-in drag-drop states (download source)
Conversations in the community:
- Prevent audio from repeating on main branched slide in Presenter ’09
- Best practices for managing audio and visuals in translated courses
- How do you know when to stop tinkering with your courses?
- Seeking ideas for building an e-learning portfolio
- On-boarding inspiration
- Demos: Drag-drop to reveal picture | Usual Suspects type lineup | Winter Trivia
New blog posts:
- The Most Practical Rapid E-Learning Tips from 2012
- Using States to Create Visual Effects in Articulate Storyline
- Using a Simple Storyline Number Variable to Show Learners How Many Objects They’ve Found