This article applies to Articulate Presenter 4. See what’s new in Articulate Presenter 5!
With the release of Articulate Presenter 4.1 comes even greater customization and control over just about every Player function and behavior. In addition to features like Color Schemes, Player Text Labels, and, of course, customizable Player Templates, you now have access to Advanced Settings.
To access Advanced Settings, do the following:
- Go to the Articulate menu -> Player Templates.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Settings window gives you per-template control over the following options:
- Display volume control
- Display forward/back/pause controller
- Display seekbar
- Display slide numbers in Outline and Thumbnails windows
- Display ‘Exit’ tool (adds a link to the Player that will close the window)
- Open slide notes when presentation starts
- Enable ‘Outline’ tab (must have template Outline active)
- Enable ‘Thumbnails’ tab (must have template Outline active)
- Enable ‘Search’ tab (must have template Outline active)
- Set starting tab to: Outline / Thumbnails / Search (must have template Outline active)
- Enable keyboard shortcuts
Remember: Any changes to the Advanced Settings will be associated with the template you are editing. This flexibility will allow you to define particular behavior for each of your templates, so no two types of content (say, presentations from the marketing department and new employee e-learning from the HR department) have to behave in the same manner.
The choice is yours.