This blog post is by Articulate Community Manager David Anderson.
Happy Monday, E-learning Heroes! To help you jumpstart the week, we’ve rounded up all sorts of helpful e-learning tips and resources shared over the past week. Want to share a tip or trick with the community? Post in the forums, record a quick Screenr, or, tweet a link using the #Articulate hashtag. Below is a recap of last week’s highlights:
- Replacing movie placeholders with movie thumbnails after publishing to Word (forum thread here)
- How to create a digital display board using PowerPoint (forum thread here)
- How to customize quiz review slides as separate, hidden slides
- Create a macro that will automatically remove comments or notes in e-learning scripts
- Here’s a way to make your Articulate Engage ‘09 interaction sizable by your learners (forum thread here)
- Create a checklist and desk calendar that changes as items are checked off
Conversations in the community:
- [E-Learning in Higher Education] Monthly Discussion – April 2012
- Video editing tools and techniques
- Interesting link on ‘learning styles’ and multimodal learning
- Visual design inspiration for showcasing portfolios
- Visualization strategies for designing job task analysis
- What’s your training program called?
- Career opportunities in instructional design
- What are your favorite photo editing tools?
- How do you organize and manage your e-learning photos and assets?
New blog posts:
- How Can Infographics Produce Better E-Learning Courses?
- Want E-Learning Success? Make Sure Your Learners Are Dressed For It!
- 3 Ideas for Grabbing Attention
Seen on Twitter:
- @learningsolmag shares a link announcing the third annual LINGOs Global Giveback Winners
- @willsWords shares a link to his Articulate course on Guidelines for Effective Presentations
- @tmiket shares a link to a quick & dirty embed of @polleverywhere in action with Articulate Presenter ’09
- @tomkuhlmann shares a link to practical tips from a social media expert