This blog post is by Articulate Community Manager David Anderson.
Huddle up, E-learning Heroes! If you need some extra help pushing your course over the goal line, the Articulate Community is ready to play ball. Each week the team shares freely their winning playbook of e-learning shortcuts, techniques and creativity to help you create better e-learning.
The team’s traveling to Atlanta next week for Training 2012. See our calendar for a listing of Tom and David’s workshops. And if you’d just like to stop by our booth and say “Hi,” here’s a free expo pass you can use.
Here are last week’s play-by-play highlights:
- Using PowerPoint to create a news ticker announcement
- Using PowerPoint’s motion paths to create a shiver effect
- Using sync animations to change the play time of a slide without audio
- Shortcut to downloading clip art with the same style
- Revising an Articulate module—building courses without audio
- Create a lightbox effect in PowerPoint for e-learning
- Customizing slide layouts and adding hidden slide titles
Conversations in the community:
- E-learning cover screens and sources of inspiration
- How do you communicate e-learning course duration to learners
- Poornima shares a free PowerPoint template based on Tom’s free iPad-inspired template
- Where do you find inspiration for creating learning interactions?
- Working with hyperlinks and hidden slides in Presenter ’09
- Design challenge of the week: Emergency Action Plan
- Users share free stock image site
- Users share job titles and designations
- Suggestions for providing asynchronous group training
- Ideas for recording audio from remote locations
- What’s the best way to present a procedure?
New blog posts:
Seen on Twitter: