This blog post is by Articulate Community Manager David Anderson.
Like most e-learning developers, you probably spend more time using learned skills than you do learning new skills. But I’m guessing you have a list of things you really want to learn—things you know you should learn. The good thing is there are lots of folks who share the same goals.
One of the things that’s so cool about E-learning Heroes—besides all the free stuff—is the community-driven sharing that goes on. It’s really neat to see so many folks with different backgrounds and experience sharing with each other.
What’s the easiest way to dive in? Ask a question or two—you know you have some. And if you don’t have a question, try answering a couple questions—your expertise is welcome!
To help you get started, here are some community highlights from the past two weeks that you won’t want to miss:
- How to capture an “In Course” Articulate template
- Easily identify fonts used on websites and blogs
- How to launch WordPress-hosted courses in a lightbox
- How to extract audio from a published course .swf file
- How to insert YouTube videos into Presenter ’09
- How to create a question in Quizmaker ‘09 that gives customized feedback
Conversations in the community:
- Users share ways for selling their courses
- I need inspiration! Any template ideas for displaying tips?
- Ditch the “Duhs” in Compliance Training
- Users share free chalkboard fonts
- Using recording boxes for e-learning audio
- Looking for your opinion on a graphic
- Questions about image licensing
- Open University – E-Learning
- “CSI” type of templates
- Creating a file cabinet
- Why are you good at e-learning?
New blog posts:
- Want a Great Looking E-Learning Course? Here’s a Simple Way to Get It
- Check Out This Free PowerPoint Template & Tutorial
- 7 Easy Ways to Emphasize Important Text or Key Words in Articulate Presenter
- A Year’s Worth of Free E-Learning Assets
Seen on Twitter:
- @rjacquez shares 5 Reasons why you should join the Articulate Community if you are in elearning
- @IWantToELearn shares a link to Want Your Audience’s Attention? Talk to the Elephant
- @Tracy_Parish shares a link to A Collection of High Quality Free Comic Fonts
- @tmiket shares a link to What People Look At On a Picture Or Screen Depends On What You Say To Them
- @ZaraLynnKing shares a link to Fonts of all shapes and sizes
- @LindaLor shares a link to 50 posts that made me think in 2011
- @MayraAixaVillar shares a link to her first Screenr: Data visualization tools and elearning