Today we’re launching an exciting new feature: Articulate Online Custom Reports. As its name implies, this feature gives you the ability to create custom reports on just about any type of data you’d like. If we track the data in Articulate Online, you can report on it.
How to Get Custom Reports
This new feature is the direct result of your feedback, and we’re delighted to offer it at no additional cost to all existing and future Articulate Online customers (all plan sizes). You can access it now just by clicking the “Reports” tab in your account (see below for more details); there’s nothing you need to do to enable it.
You can even save your custom reports so they are easy to run again. You can also export the data to CSV or XML to manipulate the data however you’d like, or to import it into external systems. There’s also no limit on the number of custom reports you can create.
How to Run a Custom Report
Running a custom report is really easy. Here’s a quick screencast of how to do it:
Or maybe you prefer the text and screenshot approach to instructions:
1. Custom Reports: Login to your Articulate Online account as an administrator or publisher, and click the “Reports” tab:
2. Your Custom Reports: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Create a new Custom Report” link.
3. Report Type: Choose from 5 available custom report types (Activity Report, Answer Report, Content List, User List, or Permissions). A description of each custom report type is shown, and the options you see in subsequent sections can vary depending on the report type you choose:
4. Content: Choose the specific content item(s) on which you’d like to report, or select to report on all current and future content:
5. Users: Select the groups and users on which you’d like to base you report (Content List and Permissions reports do not provide this option):
6. Advanced Settings (optional): Select from available data fields to pick exactly the data you’d like to include in your custom report (the type of report you choose determines which fields will be available):
7. Report Properties: Specify a date range for your report (Activity and Answer Reports only), give it a name (you can edit the name or any other report settings later), and click “Save and Run” to do just that:
8. Review report: Instantly see your custom report in your web browser. Note options to edit, email, or export your report to CSV or XML:
9. Access, edit, or delete: Run your custom report at any time by returning to the “Reports” tab in your account. Click the report name to run it; mouse over the report name for options to edit or delete your report:
We hope you enjoy this new feature! And big thanks to our beta testers for all the input.