Although many cars these days come equipped with DVD players and will surely have on-board personal computers before long, I cannot recommend interacting with these types of media while driving. (I actually read recently that a study by the auto industry found that consumers rank an in-car microwave oven as the feature they’d most like to see.)
However, the good news is that it is safe to listen to audio while driving or working out or going on a walk. So why not leverage the Record Narration feature of Articulate Presenter to create on-the-go audio training CDs? Or even just extract the audio portion of a presentation for your employees in the field.
- Create your PowerPoint content as usual.
- Record Narration as you would normally do.
- Find the MP3 files created for your presentation (see Directory Structure for details on where to look).
- Fire up your favorite CD burning software.
- Import your MP3s into CD-R program, convert to WAV files, and burn away!
The result? A full-fledged, optimized-for-speech audio version of your presentation or e-learning content that you can bring with you on road trips or send with employees into the field.