Odds are that you or your users have noticed that little button in the lower right-hand corner of most Articulate Presenter presentations or e-learning courses. It’s called the View Mode Toggle and it looks like this:
As you probably know, your users can click it to toggle between the view modes you’ve included with your Player Template (in Articulate -> Player Template Builder):
But what if you want to automate the changing of the view modes to highlight or emphasize certain content on a particular slide? The power of the Slide Properties Manager will allow you to do just that.
- Go to Articulate -> Slide Properties Manager.
- In the row corresponding to the slide you’d like to emphasize, click in the Change View To column and click the drop-down arrow.
- Select the Slide only option. (You can also Shift-click to select multiple slides/rows, then right-click to apply the same setting to all selected rows.)
- Repeat on all slides you’d like to emphasize or show in slide only mode.
- When you want the view to switch back to your original player view (Standard in most cases), simply repeat the above, but specify Standard in the Change View To column for the first slide where you want to return to that view.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Note: A view will be maintained until the slide where you specify it should be changed.
That’s it! Now when your user reaches the specified slide or slides, the view mode will automatically change to show the slide only view… and you can really drive that point home!
For an example of this concept in action, take a look at slide 4 of the recent presentation by Patti Shank on Best Practices for Online Presentations — and watch the view mode change to slide only on the next slide.