Looking to build online training but don’t have the foggiest idea where to start? Try checking the Articulate community’s idea list to guide your production.
E-learning Heroes is a wonderland of course-building tips, insights, and getting-started tricks to help you wrap up the most challenging projects. The community elves don’t ask if you’ve been naughty or nice this year, they simply want to help fellow designers build better e-learning.
Check out last week’s list of sweet ideas and e-learning gifts from community members in the North Pole, the South Pole, and everywhere in between:
Conversations in the community
- Seeking creative ideas for displaying course menus
- Design ideas for a workplace safety e-learning course
- What is the best practice for building slides in an e-learning course?
- Examples of parallax effect in e-learning courses
- How do you sell Storyline to your internal training department?
- Gaze into the future of e-learning with Tom Kuhlmann
- Looking for examples of talking head simulations
- Marker pen fonts
- Changing an image using Storyline’s states
- Burning questions: How do you spell e-learning? | What do you call students?
- Demos & freebies: Free holiday illustrated character | CSS loading indicators | 30 seconds game
New blog posts
- How to Use Free Textures to Build Better Online Courses
- 3 Ways To Protect Yourself—and Your Project—With A Contract
- E-learning Jobs (Weekly Recap)
- The Top 3 Types of E-Learning Analysis
- Three Great Uses for the Zoom Region Tool in Storyline
- Using Lightbox Slides as Course Resources in Articulate Storyline
- Weekly Challenge: Creating Custom Drag-and-Drop E-Learning Interactions
Seen on Twitter
- @Geetesh shared a link to Articulate Studio ’13: Conversation with Tom Kuhlmann
- @BOnlineLearning shared tips for choosing colours for e-learning
- @KeypointLearn shared a link to Using Google Docs with Articulate Storyline
- @slhice shared a link to some great e-learning resources found at the Immersive Learning University
- @tmiket shared a link to 100 Websites You Should Know and Use
- @BrucUK shared a link to some of his thoughts on training ROI
- @pgsimoes shared a link to Seven Must-Read Books About Education for 2014