We value customer input and take every piece of feedback seriously. In fact, many of the new features you’ve seen in Articulate Presenter 5 and Articulate Quizmaker 2 are the direct result of feedback we’ve heard from our most valuable asset: You.
In the Articulate Customer Support department, we’re often asked how soon a feature request can be implemented. As those of you who have been an Articulate customer since Articulate Presenter 3 or earlier can attest, we, like our industry, have a rapid development cycle. We release major upgrades once every year or two, and offer point-release maintenance updates throughout the year.
As much as we’d love to offer products that meet all the needs of every customer, this is simply impossible. But rest assured that we do take every feature suggestion seriously and evaluate the overall benefit it would bring to the majority of our customers.
In the spirit of giving you insight to how we operate, here’s a basic overview of the feature request process:
- Customer submits a request via the Request a Feature form
- Articulate Support evaluates the request
- Is this currently possible?
- What value does this bring to our product?
- If request brings value, support inputs feature request into Product Development’s feature-tracking system
- Product Development evaluates request
- Does this feature address a niche need?
- Does this feature add value to significant percentage of customers?
- If approved, Product Development adds feature to pipeline
- Developers begin to build new feature
- Feature announced when product update is released
So keep those features coming and you just may see your suggestion in a future version of Articulate software!
(As is standard practice with most software companies, Articulate cannot promise that a feature request will be included in a future version.)