Update (10.30.2008): The updater now supports Presenter 4.
Today Adobe released Flash Player 10 out of beta. If you or your users upgrade to this latest version of the Flash Player, you may not be able to properly view presentations created with Articulate Presenter 4 or 5.
What’s the issue?
A Flash file used to play your presentations (stealthray.swf) cannot accurately detect the version number of the newly released Flash 10 Player.
How do I know if I’m affected by this issue?
If your presentations look like this:
…then right-click on the presentation and see if it says “About Adobe Flash Player 10…” It will look like this:
If it does, then you’re using Flash Player 10 and are impacted by the Flash Player update.
What should I do to fix this?
You’ll need to do the following to fix your Presenter 4 or 5 presentations (your users need not do anything except restart their browsers and/or clear their browser cache after you’ve run the updater):
- Download and install our new Articulate Updater for Adobe Flash Player 10, which will update the stealthray.swf file to correctly detect the Flash Player 10 version number.
- Review FAQs about this updater in the Presenter 5 Knowledge Base: Why are my presentations not loading with Flash Player 10?
Run the updater (look for the Flash 10 Updater icon on your desktop) on all your local and Web-based Presenter 4 & 5 presentations. The updater is really easy to use and will walk you through the process:
- Clear your browser cache (and instruct your users to do the same) and view impacted Presenter 4 & 5 presentations; they should play just fine now.
- Studio ’09 (including Presenter ’09) and other Articulate products (such as Quizmaker 2.x and Quizmaker ’09) are not impacted by this Flash 10 issue (Engage 1.x authoring tool is the only other impacted application; the updater will also address the issue with it)
- The updater will also update your installed Presenter 5 files, so new presentations will not need to be updated
- The updater will update your installed Engage 1.x authoring tool, so that you can launch and use the application as expected