If you’re using Articulate Presenter 4.1, I’m pleased to announce that uploading your presentation directly to your Web server via FTP is now a snap using the FTP feature built-in to the Articulate Publish Wizard. Simply do the following:
- Create an empty directory on your Web server where you would like your output files to go (e.g., /www/presentations/salestraining101/, where salestraining101 is your new, empty directory).
- Select Articulate -> Publish.
- Click Presentation for Web -> Next.
- Enter or modify your Presentation Title, then click FTP site.
- Input your Web server details: Host (resolved domain name or IP address), Username, Password, Port (the default, 21, is standard FTP port), Directory where you would like your presentation to be published.
- Complete the Publish Wizard.
Your presentation will be converted to Flash and ready for viewing on your Web server in the directory specified. In this example, you could launch your new presentation here: www.YourWebServer.com/presentations/salestraing101/.
[ See also: Direct Launch ]