Let’s just call this the week of the audio files. Here’s a quick tip to complement yesterday’s blog entry, Split Audio Across Slides. At the end of that entry, I referenced importing multiple individual audio files. This is something you can, of course, do with Articulate Presenter. But did you know that you can create the slide-to-audio file mapping during the import process?
Here’s how to do it:
- Ensure that all the audio files you’ll be importing are in the same directory on your computer.
- Go to Articulate -> Import Audio.
- Click Browse and navigate to the folder containing your audio files.
- Shift-click or Ctrl-click to highlight all the audio files you’d like to import, then click OK.
- You’ll see the Confirm narration import order window open:
- Click to highlight the audio file or files you want to move, then use the Up, Down, Top, Bottom, Invert, and/or Remove buttons to arrange the audio in your desired slide order.
- Click OK when you’re satisfied with the order you’ve created.
Note that you can import a combination of both .WAV and .MP3 files in the same import process.
That’s all there is to it. Your individual audio files will now be imported into the slides you’ve specified.