In Articulate Presenter 4, the Articulate Player window was more or less locked at the optimal playback size, 800 pixels wide x 550 pixels high. Articulate Presenter 5 gives you more flexibility to control the way your presentation launches, and whether your users can resize the browser containing the Articulate Player.
Depending on your content, it’s not always going to produce the highest quality results to Resize browser to fill screen or to Allow user to resize browser.
Since 800 x 550 is the optimal size for a PowerPoint slide, it is normal to see slight degradation in image quality when viewing your Flash output at any resolution larger than that, especially if your presentation includes screenshots with text.
To achieve optimal playback quality in the Articulate Player, here’s what you’ll want to do:
- Go to Articulate -> Player Template Builder -> Other to customize your Browser Window Settings.
- Set Browser size to Resize browser to optimal size.
- Set Presentation size to Lock presentation at optimal size.
- Check the option to Launch presentation in new window (creates launch page).
- Check the option to Display window with no browser controls.
- Uncheck the option to Allow user to resize browser.
Alternatively, you can download this zip file, extract the contents (launcher.xml), and place it in the following directory on your computer:
Using this method will add a new custom player template to Articulate Presenter for you. Restart PowerPoint and, when you publish, select launcher for your Player template.
When you view your published output, it should now launch in a new window, which is set and locked at the optimal playback size, thereby resolving any issues you may have had with degradation in image quality.