This article applies to Articulate Presenter 4. See what’s new in Articulate Presenter 5!
As our Articulate Presenter Professional Edition customers well know, the software is fully SCORM– and AICC-compliant. Publishing your content so that it is ready to be managed and tracked by Articulate Server or your own Learning Management System is as easy as a one-two punch.
First, you need to ensure that you’ve configured your options to give you the correct publish settings:
- Go to Articulate -> Options -> LMS.
- Check Display SCORM Players and/or Display AICC Players, depending on the standard supported by your LMS. If possible, we recommend using SCORM. (The settings in the LMS reporting section in the lower portion of the dialogue should be left at their defaults unless you have a specific reason for changing them.)
- Click OK to save your changes.
Now that you’ve set Articulate Presenter to display LMS output during publish, you’re ready to crank out that course, complete with SCORM or AICC metadata tags.
- Go to Articulate -> Publish -> Presentation for Web and proceed through the Publish Wizard as you would normally do.
- When you get to the Select a player template step of the wizard, select either Output for SCORM LMS or Output for AICC LMS.
- Click Next and complete the wizard, filling in the metadata for this course to be supplied to your LMS (some of the data, such as presenter name, may be pre-populated based on your Articulate options).
That’s it! Your course is now ready to be uploaded to and tracked by your LMS. Consult your LMS provider for details.
Are you a Standard Edition customer and want to take advantage of our e-learning features? Contact us to find out how to upgrade your license(s).