One of the more powerful features of our quiz software Quizmaker, when its output is combined with Presenter, is to specify where the user should be directed upon either passing or failing a quiz. This is known as quiz branching and is highly effective when used along with hiding slides (see this tip).
Here’s how to set up quiz branching with your Quizmaker quiz in Presenter:
- Open your PowerPoint file into which you want to insert your quiz.
- With your PowerPoint file still open, launch your Quizmaker quiz and select Publish -> Articulate Presenter.
- If it’s not already checked, check the box to Send to Active presentation.
- Click Publish and Quizmaker will automatically bring you into the Articulate Quizmaker Quiz wizard.
- When prompted, specify your choice for When user passes, ‘Finish’ button: Goes to Slide Number. Slide Name, and select the slide where you’d like your users to go.
- Repeat last step for When user fails, ‘Finish’ button: Goes to Slide Number. Slide Name.
- Complete the wizard.
- Optionally, hide your pass/fail slides from the navigation (see this tip).
That’s it! You’ve now created quiz branching to dynamically direct your users to content appropriate to his or her pass/fail status.
(This blog entry represents a Word of Mouth milestone: Entry number 200! Browse all archives.)