Yesterday I wrote about providing slide notes to your users or learners by Publishing to Word Notes. That is one of many potential approaches to achieve similar results. Another option is to leverage the Web Object feature of Articulate Presenter.
Here’s how to do it:
- Convert your script or slide notes to HTML using one of these methods:
- Save your new HTML document as index.htm or index.html and place it in its own directory (e.g., name the directory script).
- In PowerPoint, go to your first slide, then Articulate -> Insert Web Object to launch the Web Object Wizard.
- Click Browse to locate your directory (point to the directory containing your index file).
- Set the Display option to be In new browser window.
- Complete the Wizard.
Optionally, you could add a note on your first slide notifying your users or learners that a script should open in a new window containing the slide notes or script.
This solution can also help you in developing content that meets Section 508 compliance.
(Thanks to Articulate’s own Don Freda, VP of Sales, for recommending this solution.)