Formative vs. summative? Pedagogy vs. andragogy? Formal vs. informal? Flipped classrooms? Bloom vs. Gagne vs. Werner? Huh?!?
When you’re first getting started in e-learning, it’s easy to be confused — and daunted — by the terms floating around the online training industry. It’s hard to sift through the theories, styles, and expert opinions to get to the heart of what you really need to know.
Really, though, there are some e-learning basics everyone should learn, regardless of the type of e-learning you need to create. That’s where your E-Learning Heroes can help.
Day in and day out, your fellow community members share practical tips for building better e-learning courses. Every Monday, we highlight the Articulate community’s best tutorials, conversations, blog posts and bits shared on Twitter.
We just released Articulate Storyline Update 3. The update includes includes bug fixes, performance enhancements, and output enhancements for HTML5 and Articulate Mobile Player.
- How to install and activate Update 3 for Articulate Storyline
- How to create an animated puzzle image in PowerPoint
- Drag-drop reset with try again multiple attempts (forum discussion)
- Quick tip: Create animated text in Articulate Storyline
- Adding silence to an audio file in Articulate Storyline and Studio
- Video compression: How to keep source video quality in Articulate Storyline
Conversations in the community
- How do instructional designers work with narration script writers?
- How can we help SMEs produce high-quality e-learning courses?
- Can you mix photographic and illustrated images in the same course?
- Determining behavior changes in e-learning
- Who has the best narration voices for e-learning?
- Advice on dealing with a complex subject matter
- Are you using an online photo image editor?
- Drag-and-drop challenge
- Using Storyline to storyboard projects
- Demos & freebies: Drag-drop interaction with rotation | Business theme | Flip chart | Live Interactivity in a course | Office environment
New blog posts
- How to Use PowerPoint to Create Custom Stock Images
- More Tips on How to Build Online Training Courses
Seen on Twitter
- @mark_articulate congratulated Articulate certified trainer Ruth McElhone of @BOnlineLearning for winning top trainer award
- @RonPrice shared a link to You Are Here!
- @nicole_legault shared a link to Quick Tip for Creating Call Center Characters in Storyline
- @designedlearnin shared a link to ‘The Adventures of Story Lion’
- @BrucUK shared a link to Roy Lichtenstein reminds me of Instructional Design Techniques