Spinning your first e-learning course can feel like a daunting task for even the most experienced educator. Questions like “How do I get started?”, “How do I design branching scenarios?”, and “Where can I find free templates, storyboards, assets, and job aids?” are some of the most common rips we hear.
So don’t scratch your course without swinging into E-Learning Heroes for the latest and greatest tracks that will put the beat back into your projects. Check out the thumpin’ ideas your fellow community members shared last week:
- Resolving the UI_AdminRequiredNotice Error after Upgrading to Windows 8.1 and Launching Articulate Storyline
- Setting Up Custom Navigation on Question Bank Slides in Articulate Storyline
- 3 Easy Ways to Leverage Existing Articulate Quizmaker Content by Reusing Questions
Conversations in the community
- How do you handle gender equality in e-learning graphics?
- What’s a good headset microphone to record e-learning narration?
- How do I create a gate screen at the start of a course?
- Looking for cool examples of Storyline interactions
- Looking for instructional design experience
- DevLearn: Interested in meeting up this week?
- Can you recommend text-to-speech resources?
- How do I inform learners the course is over?
- Looking for some feedback on an interactive study guide
- Demos: Math game | Drop-down list | Assembly procedure simulations | Mini-stroke recognition
- Jobs: Storyline developer | Instructional designer | Instructional developer
New blog posts
- How to Build Your E-Learning Skills
- Articulate Storyline Wins Gold Stevie Award
- Meet the New Engage ’13 Interactions!
- Bring the World Into Your Courses with Web Objects
- Horsing Around with Articulate Storyline
- 3 Tips for Working With Feedback Layers in Quizmaker ’13
- E-Learning Challenge Submission: Making Static Content More Interactive!
- Create an E-Learning Template from Clip Art
Seen on Twitter
- @dvdlindenberg shared a link to his post and demo for Articulate Weekly E-Learning Challenge
- @BOnlineLearning shared a link to Building a Dynamic Social Learning Space recorded in Articulate Replay
- @SueScoby shared a link to a collection of fun, brightly colored illustrations of legendary musicians’ stage costumes
- @luckyryan shared a link to one of their first Articulate Storyline projects
- @hopkinsdavid shared a link to Publishing student evaluations of lecturers will improve teaching
- @belencasado shared a link to the 35 Gamification Mechanics toolkit
- @nicole_legault shared a link to How the Right Words Help You Sell Better