There are lots of exciting updates to report from the Articulate Customer Support department.
In a nutshell, here’s what’s new:
- Downloadable Studio ’09 PDF Help Documentation
- Tier 2 Support Team Expanded & Justin Wilcox Promoted to Support Manager
- This Week’s Community Chat Recap: Engage ’09 Community Interactions
- Platinum Membership Plan Live Support Hours Extended
- Subscribe to Knowledge Base Feeds & Stay Up-to-Date on Latest Articulate Solutions
The searchable, browsable Web version of the Studio ’09 help documentation has been available online since the release of Studio ’09. And now you can also download PDF help manuals for all Studio ’09 products, too.
Late last year to keep up with our ever-increasing customer base, we brought on 3 new Tier 2 Customer Support Engineers, whom you may have already worked with on your support issues:
- Brian Batt, a former (and very passionate) customer who wrote the popular PHP email results tutorial for Quizmaker
- David Burton, who spent 9 years running his own tech support consulting firm, providing networking, database / server administration, and all facets of software support services for his very satisfied clients
- David Fair, another former customer with extensive tech support & LMS experience who holds more than a dozen Microsoft certifications, including Office, systems admin, trainer, and database admin
With a growing team comes the need for more management to guide the team, so I also promoted Justin Wilcox, whom many of you know and love, to Customer Support Manager. During the past 4+ years, Justin has helped thousands of you solve Articulate support issues, single-handedly working on more than 20,000 unique support cases (sending and receiving more than 81,000 customer emails).
In his new role, Justin oversees the daily support operations of Articulate.
In what turned out to be one of our most successful live community chats to date, Wednesday’s maximum-capacity crowd spent an hour discussing the ins and outs of the new Engage ’09 Community Interactions.
From suggestions on how customers would like to be notified when new community interactions are available to ideas for the types of interactions that you’d like to see developed in the future, the chat, as always, was a great way for Articulate users to connect directly with one another and share feedback with Articulate staff.
As Platinum Membership Plan customers can attest, one of the many benefits of this offering is the ability to initiate a live Web chat directly with a Tier 2 Customer Support Engineer.
With an expanded Tier 2 support team come expanded live chat support hours, which are now Monday through Friday, 5am – 6pm, U.S. Eastern Time.
Refer to your activation email to learn how to request a live chat (or contact us if you’ve misplaced that email).
One of the benefits of using WordPress to power each of our Studio ’09 Knowledge Bases is that it automatically generates an RSS feed of the content.
What that means for you is that you can add any or all of our Knowledge Base feeds to your favorite feed reader, so that you’ll always keep abreast of new support issues and solutions to all your Articulate technical issues.
Subscribe to the RSS feeds here:
- Presenter ’09 Knowledge Base RSS Feed
- Quizmaker ’09 Knowledge Base RSS Feed
- Engage ’09 Knowledge Base RSS Feed
- Video Encoder ’09 Knowledge Base RSS Feed
I hope you’ve enjoyed these support updates, and best of luck with all of your Articulate-powered projects! We look forward to helping you along the way.