Today’s e-learning and online course authoring tools make it easy to leverage the power of multimedia. Your courses can include not only graphics and illustrations but also narration, music, screencast tutorials, and videos.
There’s a lot to know. The good news is you don’t need to be a professional audio engineer or video producer to build good e-learning. But it sure does help to know a little about both and how to get the best quality possible when using audio or video in your e-learning courses.
These posts provide tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the audio & video you do use in your e-learning courses.
Audio Tips for E-Learning
- 4 Simple Tips for Recording High-Quality Audio
- My Favorite Microphones for Recording Audio Narration
- Accessories for Recording Audio Narration
- 13 More Tips to Help You Record Narration Like the Pros
- Tips and Tricks for Recording Audio Narration
- 6 Free Audio Editors for Your E-Learning Courses
- Free Audio Files for E-Learning
- Free Audio Sound Effects for E-Learning
- 10 Free Audio Programs to Use for E-Learning
- Three Reasons to NOT Use Audio Narration in Your Online Training
- When It Makes Sense to Pay for Professional Narration
- Should You Add Background Audio to Your E-Learning Courses?
Video Tips for E-Learning
- Secrets to Creating Great E-learning Video (free e-book)
- Video Basics for Online Course Design
- Community Conversations on Video and Audio
- Understanding Multimedia For Rapid E-Learning
- 9 Free Tools That Help Me Build Better E-Learning
- How to Create Screencasts You Can Be Proud Of
- Interactive Video Made Easy
- Convert Your Bullet Points to Interactive E-Learning with Video
- A Dozen Free Stock Video Sites for E-Learning
- Cool Interactive Video Example for E-Learning
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- We'll be adding events for 2017 soon. If you'd like to see one of our workshops in your area just let me know.
- Mar 20 (Orlando). Want to learn to build courses with the right look & feel? Join David Anderson at his all day workshop on Graphic Design Essentials for Non-Graphic eLearning Designers.
- Mar 22-23 (Orlando). Come by the booth at Learning Solutions and say hello.
- April 13 (Minneapolis). Variables Made Easy with Articulate Storyline. Limited seats, so sign up now.
- April 13 (Minneapolis). Articulate User Meet Up. Details coming soon.
- April 14 (Minneapolis). PACT Meeting: Facing Today's Instructional Design Challenges.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.