But there’s a lot more to the interactions than meets the eye.
When the Engage development team began designing Engage, they spent a lot of time and research selecting the types of interactions that should be included in the first release of the product.
Two key criteria were evaluated for selecting interaction types:
- Common, popular, and proven: The product team researched the most widely used interactions found in custom e-learning courses. They looked for the types of interactions that kept popping up time and again. Surely, they thought, there must be a better way to do this than having Flash developers around the world reinvent the wheel every time they needed to create one of these interactions.
- Multi-purpose: The Engage designers also looked at how well the interaction could be used for many different purposes… not just the one that’s immediately obvious from the name of the interaction. This way, you could use the interactions in lots of ways so as to accommodate the specific subject matter you were creating training about.
So it’s the second item – the multi-purpose nature of the Engage interaction types – that is the focus of this 11-part series called Engage Interaction Types – More Than Meets the Eye.
This series will help you identify many of the ways you can employ the interactions in your e-learning development. You’ll learn there’s some interesting depth to Engage interaction types that’s not immediately apparent. Knowing how and when to use them can really help you save time and build better, more effective e-learning (and really, isn’t that what’s it all about, anyway?).
Stay tuned for the next post as we look more closely at the Process Interaction.
An 11-Part Series: Engage Interaction Types – More Than Meets the Eye
- Engage Interaction Types – More Than Meets the Eye
- Engage | Spotlight on Process Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Labeled Graphic
- Engage | Spotlight on Tabs Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Circle Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Timeline Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Media Tour
- Engage | Spotlight on FAQ Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Pyramid Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Guided Image
- Engage | Spotlight on Glossary