This is Part 4 of an 11-part series on Engage Interaction Types – More Than Meets the Eye.
Got content? Want to organize it into an intuitive and polished Flash-based format before you deliver it to your learners?
Enter the Engage Tabs interaction: It provides the framework for organizing your related items, and you provide the content — be it text, audio, images, .SWF or .FLV video, or links to external sources.
Engage | Spotlight on Tabs Interaction
From the most simple use — such as outlining the various offerings your organization provides to its customers — to a more complex use — a video introduction from your sales VP followed by an overview of your new products — the Tabs interaction can be leveraged to convey just about any similar grouping of content to your users.
I created this sample Tabs interaction in about 20 minutes or so by pulling together content on a single topic: Implementing David Allen’s Getting Things Done:
To get the creative juices flowing, here are some other ideas about the types of content you can group together with Tabs:
- Comparison among several products within a product line
- Members of an executive team with bios and photos
- Features of a product or service
- Definition of an acronym with each tab being a letter
- Software applications you’ll use in your job (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Symptoms of an illness
- Cities included in your team’s new sales territory
- Outline of material to review as a supplement to your e-learning course (books with links to purchase, PDFs to download, software to install, etc.)
- Internal points of contact for escalation work flow
- Steps in a process
An 11-Part Series: Engage Interaction Types – More Than Meets the Eye
- Engage Interaction Types – More Than Meets the Eye
- Engage | Spotlight on Process Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Labeled Graphic
- Engage | Spotlight on Tabs Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Circle Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Timeline Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Media Tour
- Engage | Spotlight on FAQ Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Pyramid Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Guided Image
- Engage | Spotlight on Glossary