This is Part 6 of an 11-part series on Engage Interaction Types – More Than Meets the Eye.
Back in April when I first got my hands on a pre-release version of Engage, the interaction that immediately jumped out at me was the Timeline interaction. I first used it to create a brief history of my home, which included photos of all the improvements I’d made to my house since I bought it. I was having fun and was instantly hooked.
Although a history of Gabe’s house will probably never be featured in your corporate training program, I share this story to illustrate the flexibility of the Timeline interaction.
Engage | Spotlight on Timeline Interaction
Whether it’s outlining your corporate history or the schedule for a project plan, the Timeline can be used for anything that needs to mark dates or events on a continuum.
Here are some unique ways to use the Timeline interaction:
- Month-by-month tasks for a particular job
- Employee benefits enrollment key dates
- Revision history for a particular product
- A forward-looking product road map
- A history of when your employees were hired
- Staffing or resource projections
- Equipment or hardware life cycle
- Phases of the new employee training process
How have you used the Timeline interaction?
An 11-Part Series: Engage Interaction Types – More Than Meets the Eye
- Engage Interaction Types – More Than Meets the Eye
- Engage | Spotlight on Process Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Labeled Graphic
- Engage | Spotlight on Tabs Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Circle Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Timeline Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Media Tour
- Engage | Spotlight on FAQ Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Pyramid Interaction
- Engage | Spotlight on Guided Image
- Engage | Spotlight on Glossary