Hi, I’m Tom, your host of The Rapid E-Learning Blog. I am passionate about learning and technology. I have over 20 years experience in the training industry where I’ve developed hundreds of hours of elearning and managed elearning and training projects at Capital One, Washington Mutual, and Weyerhaeuser.
I have a Master’s in Education Technology from Pepperdine, where I researched how to cultivate communities of practice through the development of personal expertise. Currently, I run the user community for Articulate with a focus on building a passionate community of rapid elearning developers.
I’d love to hear your ideas and learn about your training projects. Drop me a line. I’m also on Twitter and post a lot of quick tips and job postings.
Upcoming E-Learning Workshops & Events (2015)
- September 23 & 24 (Vancouver). Community-based elearning workshops focused on practical tips & tricks. You can register for one day or two days. To learn more & register, click here.
- September 29 (Las Vegas). Want to learn to get the right look and feel for your courses? Join David Anderson and me for a fun and active hands-on workshop. This topic is by far one of the most popular of the ones we've covered in any of our workshops in the past.
- September 30 (Las Vegas). Going to Devlearn? Swing by the Articulate booth and say hello.
- October 28 & 29 (Philadelphia). Community-based elearning workshops focused on practical tips & tricks. You can register for one day or two days. To learn more and register, click here.
- November: Just added! I'll be in London, Dublin, Berlin, Paris, Belgium, and Utrecht. Details coming soon.
Free E-learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.
Send an email to Tom
I'm always open to ideas. Do you have any questions or comments? Feel free to send them my way.