Today’s authoring tools make it easy to leverage the power of multimedia. Your courses can include not only graphics and illustrations but also narration, music, screencasts, and videos.
There’s a lot to know. The good news is you don’t need to be a professional audio engineer or video producer to build good elearning. But it sure does help to know a little about both and how to get the best quality possible.
These posts provide tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the audio & video you do use in your elearning courses.
- Understanding Multimedia For Rapid E-Learning
- 4 Simple Tips for Recording High-Quality Audio
- 13 More Tips to Help You Record Narration Like the Pros
- When It Makes Sense to Pay for Professional Narration
- Should You Add Background Audio to Your E-Learning Courses?
- 9 Free Tools That Help Me Build Better E-Learning
- How to Create Screencasts You Can Be Proud Of
- Here’s An Easy Way to Create Whiteboard Lectures for Your E-Learning Courses
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- February 3 & 4 (London). Learning Technologies. Swing by the Articulate booth and say "Hello" or check out my free session February 3 at 2:45: 5 Ways to Use Interactive Video to Engage Your Learners.
- April 26 (Houston, TX). Interactive Video Made Easy in Articulate Storyline. Details coming soon.
- April 27 (Houston, TX). Keynote presentation. Details coming soon.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.