Today’s e-learning and online course authoring tools make it easy to leverage the power of multimedia. Your courses can include not only graphics and illustrations but also narration, music, screencast tutorials, and videos.
There’s a lot to know. The good news is you don’t need to be a professional audio engineer or video producer to build good e-learning. But it sure does help to know a little about both and how to get the best quality possible when using audio or video in your e-learning courses.
These posts provide tips and tricks to help you get the most out of the audio & video you do use in your e-learning courses.
Audio Tips for E-Learning
- 4 Simple Tips for Recording High-Quality Audio
- My Favorite Microphones for Recording Audio Narration
- Accessories for Recording Audio Narration
- 13 More Tips to Help You Record Narration Like the Pros
- Tips and Tricks for Recording Audio Narration
- 6 Free Audio Editors for Your E-Learning Courses
- Free Audio Files for E-Learning
- Free Audio Sound Effects for E-Learning
- 10 Free Audio Programs to Use for E-Learning
- Three Reasons to NOT Use Audio Narration in Your Online Training
- When It Makes Sense to Pay for Professional Narration
- Should You Add Background Audio to Your E-Learning Courses?
Video Tips for E-Learning
- Secrets to Creating Great E-learning Video (free e-book)
- Video Basics for Online Course Design
- Community Conversations on Video and Audio
- Understanding Multimedia For Rapid E-Learning
- 9 Free Tools That Help Me Build Better E-Learning
- How to Create Screencasts You Can Be Proud Of
- Interactive Video Made Easy
- Convert Your Bullet Points to Interactive E-Learning with Video
- A Dozen Free Stock Video Sites for E-Learning
- Cool Interactive Video Example for E-Learning
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- May 22-24 (Atlanta). ATD International Conference & Expo. We'll be in booth 738. Swing by to chat.
- June 20-21 (San Diego). FocusOn Learning conference.
- Articulate Roadshows. Join us for one or two days of e-learning goodness. Day 1 focuses on more general type e-learning topics and Day 2 is centered on learning to build some nice, reusable interactions. Learn more and sign up using the links below. Seats are limited for the events. If you're interested in presenting at one of the roadshows, let me know.
- There are a couple of other events planned. Once we get all of the bookings confirmed, we'll add the registration page and info.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.