Generally you have two types of courses. Some are all about pushing information out to the learners. And some focus on changing behavior and performance. Both have their roles in the world of elearning.
Performance-based courses are easier to assess because you can measure performance before and after. Information-based courses are a bit more challenging because it’s hard to see whether people use the information if it’s not tied to performance.
Interactive scenarios work well for both performance- and information-based courses. They help learners practice and apply your content. They also help assess the learner’s understanding. By creating an immersive learning environment, learners can explore and make decisions based on the information you want to share.
The following posts show how to quickly build interactive scenarios using branched navigation. You’ll also learn how to build graphics and other assets that’ll help you create an engaging and nice-looking scenario.
- Build Branched E-Learning Scenarios in Three Simple Steps
- How I Built that E-Learning Scenario
- How to Add Scenarios to Your Rapid E-Learning Courses…Rapidly!
- 7 Tips for Better E-Learning Scenarios
- Here’s How to Build Your Next E-Learning Scenario
- How to Create a Visual Design for Your E-Learning Scenario
- 3 Simple Steps to Create Background Images for Your Next E-Learning Scenario
- Create E-Learning Scenarios By Bringing the Virtual World into the Real World
- Create Custom Characters for Your E-Learning Scenarios
- How I Use Inexpensive Stock Photos to Create E-Learning Characters
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- August 3 & 4 (Seattle, WA). Connect with your peers in the Pacific Northwest and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. SOLD OUT.
- September 20-21 (Dallas, TX). Connect with your peers in Texas and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- October 12-13 (Vancouver, BC). Connect with your peers in British Columbia and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- November 1 & 2 (London). Articulate Roadshow. Details coming soon.
- November 4 (Dublin). Articulate E-Learning Workshop. Details coming soon.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.