Here’s a free PowerPoint template I built for a recent workshop. I used it to show how to create interactive conversations in PowerPoint using hyperlinks. In this example it’s a simple back and forth conversation.
This free template could be used as a way to share manager/employee information or perhaps as an FAQ interaction. In either case it’s free for you to use as you wish.
Below is an example of the template in action. I mocked up a FAQ interaction on copyright laws. Click the character on the left to trigger the question. And click the character on the right to answer it.
How to Edit the Free PowerPoint Template
Here are a few production tips:
- These tutorials give you a very good overview of how to work with this free PowerPoint template.
- The template is made of two simple layouts which you can edit in the master slides.
- The characters have transparent boxes that link to the next slide. Edit these on the master slide. You can locate them using the selection pane.
- The progress indicator base is on the master slide. Those are the light gray circles. The darker and colored progress indicators are at the slide level to indicate progress on that slide.
Download the free PowerPoint template here. I also created a version of the template in Storyline, which you can download here. It’s a single slide and designed to easily update the question/answer text using variables. You can see it in action here.
Also, there are all sorts of free PowerPoint templates available in the community. They can be used for your online training courses.
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- May 22-24 (Atlanta). ATD International Conference & Expo. We'll be in booth 738. Swing by to chat.
- June 20-21 (San Diego). FocusOn Learning conference.
- Articulate Roadshows. Join us for one or two days of e-learning goodness. Day 1 focuses on more general type e-learning topics and Day 2 is centered on learning to build some nice, reusable interactions. Learn more and sign up using the links below. Seats are limited for the events. If you're interested in presenting at one of the roadshows, let me know.
- There are a couple of other events planned. Once we get all of the bookings confirmed, we'll add the registration page and info.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.