There are lots of ingredients to a great elearning course. But in the end, the success of your course hinges on a critical question: does it help your audience learn and apply relevant skills and knowledge? If not, it’s probably because the instructional design got lost in the shuffle.
These posts explore key elements of instructional design to help you think through how to build courses that truly help people learn.
- Create Engaging E-Learning Courses You Can Be Proud Of
- How Do You Communicate with Your E-Learners?
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Instructional Design
- 3 Things to Consider When Building Your E-Learning Courses
- The 3 Essential Questions Every Learner Wants Answered
- Go Beyond Information Sharing – 5 Ways Your E-learning Courses Can Create Understanding
- 3 Simple Techniques to Guide Your Learner’s Attention
- What We Can Learn About Instructional Design from Post-it™ Notes
- How To Get Your Learners to Remember More
- Motivate Your Learners with These 5 Simple Tips
- What Slot Machines, Video Games and Legos Have to do with E-Learning
- Maybe All Your Learner Needs Is a Baby Shower
Upcoming E-Learning Workshops & Events (2015)
- September 23 & 24 (Vancouver). Community-based elearning workshops focused on practical tips & tricks. You can register for one day or two days. To learn more & register, click here.
- September 29 (Las Vegas). Want to learn to get the right look and feel for your courses? Join David Anderson and me for a fun and active hands-on workshop. This topic is by far one of the most popular of the ones we've covered in any of our workshops in the past.
- September 30 (Las Vegas). Going to Devlearn? Swing by the Articulate booth and say hello.
- October 28 & 29 (Philadelphia). Community-based elearning workshops focused on practical tips & tricks. You can register for one day or two days. To learn more and register, click here.
- November: Just added! I'll be in London, Dublin, Berlin, Paris, Belgium, and Utrecht. Details coming soon.
Free E-learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.