The success of your elearning course starts and ends with project management. You’ll need to create a plan with the sponsor or client who commissions your course. Then you’ll need to collaborate with subject matter experts to build and test the content. Once the course is done, you’ll need to pull in the IT folks to make sure it’s deployed properly. And of course you’ll need to keep a pulse on the budget and timeline all the while.
Project management can seem overwhelming, but it’s important to rise to the challenge if you want your course to succeed. In these posts, we explore tips for managing your elearning projects effectively.
- Your E-Learning Success Depends on These 7 Questions
- Here’s How to Save Time & Money Building Your Next E-Learning Course
- Here’s How to Measure ROI in the Real World
- Here’s How to Avoid Needs Analysis Paralysis
- 7 Proven Techniques for Keeping Your E-Learning Customers Happy
- The Single Most Important Word in Your E-learning Design Arsenal
- Here’s an Easy Way to Create Learning Objectives
- What Everyone Should Know About Working with Subject Matter Experts
- How to Get The Most Out Of Your Subject Matter Experts
- The Project Management Tip You Can’t Ignore
- Get to Know Your Learners (And Avoid These Pitfalls)
Upcoming E-Learning Workshops & Events (2015)
- May 17-20 (Orlando, FL). ATD International Conference & Expo. Swing by the Articulate booth to say “Hello.”
- June 3 & 4 (San Francisco, CA). Updated! Register for one or both days.
DAY 1: Learn to Create Your Own E-Learning Assets and
DAY 2: Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning
- June 12 (Austin, TX). Use Storyline to Build Interactive E-Learning.
E-Learning Heroes Roadshows
We’re hosting a series of two-day elearning workshops that focus on practical tips and tricks. You can register for one day or two days. If you're interested in presenting at one of the workshops (or want to submit an idea) complete this form.
- June 17 & 18 (Toronto). To learn more and register, click here.
- August 4 & 5 (Seattle). To learn more and register, click here.
- September 23 & 24 (Vancouver). To learn more and register, click here.
- October 28 & 29 (Philadelphia). To learn more and register, click here.
E-learning Community News
Check out all of the free resources below. You can grab a bunch of free downloads, see some nice examples, and learn everything you need to build great elearning.
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.