The success of your elearning course starts and ends with project management. You’ll need to create a plan with the sponsor or client who commissions your course. Then you’ll need to collaborate with subject matter experts to build and test the content. Once the course is done, you’ll need to pull in the IT folks to make sure it’s deployed properly. And of course you’ll need to keep a pulse on the budget and timeline all the while.
Project management can seem overwhelming, but it’s important to rise to the challenge if you want your course to succeed. In these posts, we explore tips for managing your elearning projects effectively.
- Your E-Learning Success Depends on These 7 Questions
- Here’s How to Save Time & Money Building Your Next E-Learning Course
- Here’s How to Measure ROI in the Real World
- Here’s How to Avoid Needs Analysis Paralysis
- 7 Proven Techniques for Keeping Your E-Learning Customers Happy
- The Single Most Important Word in Your E-learning Design Arsenal
- Here’s an Easy Way to Create Learning Objectives
- What Everyone Should Know About Working with Subject Matter Experts
- How to Get The Most Out Of Your Subject Matter Experts
- The Project Management Tip You Can’t Ignore
- Get to Know Your Learners (And Avoid These Pitfalls)
Upcoming E-Learning Workshops & Events (2015)
- September 23 & 24 (Vancouver). Community-based elearning workshops focused on practical tips & tricks. You can register for one day or two days. To learn more & register, click here.
- September 29 (Las Vegas). Want to learn to get the right look and feel for your courses? Join David Anderson and me for a fun and active hands-on workshop. This topic is by far one of the most popular of the ones we've covered in any of our workshops in the past.
- September 30 (Las Vegas). Going to Devlearn? Swing by the Articulate booth and say hello.
- October 28 & 29 (Philadelphia). Community-based elearning workshops focused on practical tips & tricks. You can register for one day or two days. To learn more and register, click here.
- November: Just added! I'll be in London, Dublin, Berlin, Paris, Belgium, and Utrecht. Details coming soon.
Free E-learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.