Here’s a common scenario. Someone emails and asks about an elearning tutorial I have on the blog. It’s not always easy to find the specific tutorial buried in a given post. In fact, there are many times I either forgot that I had created that tutorial or I can’t recall where it’s at either. I know. It’s part of getting older.
Today I am going to fix that. I have listed every blog post that has a video tutorial that shows how to create something related to online learning. So, if you’re just getting started with building online learning courses (or new to the blog), now you have a handy resource with links to all sorts of rapid elearning tutorials.
Free PowerPoint Templates
These tutorials show how to either create or use some of the free PowerPoint templates you’ll find on the blog. Even if you don’t use the free templates, they are a great way to learn some PowerPoint techniques that will help you build better elearning courses.
- How to build an interactive PowerPoint template
- Build your own tabs interaction template
- Create an elegant elearning template and assets to go with it
- Build a simple and clean elearning template
- How to build an office-themed PowerPoint template
- Find design inspiration to build your next elearning template
- Build an interactive tabbed notebook template
- Create modern split screen elearning template
- Build this template and learn PowerPoint design tips
- Create a comic-style elearning template
- Build an elearning template in 30 seconds
Learn How to Use PowerPoint for Online Learning
This section covers miscellaneous PowerPoint tips and production techniques. They’re not exclusive to rapid elearning or online training. So if you want to learn more about PowerPoint, then this is a good list of free tutorials.
- More than 100 free PowerPoint tutorials
- Different ways to build animations in PowerPoint
- Build an animated puzzle
- Get more out of PowerPoint’s clipboard
- Take advantage of PowerPoint features: formatting, layers, swap images
- Build an interactive replay button and add multiple videos to one slide
- The community shares tips on creating graphics and animated hands in PowerPoint
- Working with filled shapes to create custom graphics
- How to edit images in PowerPoint
- PowerPoint shortcuts that will save time
How to Build Rapid E-Learning Courses
Using PowerPoint for rapid elearning is different than using it for building presentations. These tutorials offer tips on getting the most out of PowerPoint to build effective and interactive rapid elearning courses.
- Why you need PowerPoint 2010 for rapid elearning
- How to build interactive branched scenarios in PowerPoint
- Essential tips for rapid elearning success
- More essential rapid elearning tips
- Three rapid elearning production tips
- Dissecting a course to learn rapid elearning production techniques
- Over 200 free rapid elearning tutorials that cover graphic design, PowerPoint, and production techniques
- Ideas on course navigation
- 50 practical how-to tutorials
- 3 time-saving rapid elearning tips: work with master slides, use two PowerPoint files, and manage the layers
Tips on Creating Interactive E-Learning
This series of tutorials cover some of the basics for creating interactive elearning and branched scenarios. You’ll learn more about simple ways to build interactive elearning as well as a few PowerPoint tutorials that show how to build them.
- Learn the 3C model for interactive scenarios and how to build them in PowerPoint
- How to create a branched elearning scenario
- Tips on creating an overhead office template & interactions
- 5 ways to think about interactive elearning
- How to create an interactive image
- Create an interactive video player for your software training
Free Software to Use When Building Online Training
These tutorials cover the basics of using some of the free software and applications I’ve mentioned in the blog.
- How to use 7-zip to get access to your PowerPoint assets
- Create your handwritten fonts and some free fonts
- Use ALT+D in Screenr to pause recording
- PowerPoint animation made easy with this free add-in
- Simple way to batch convert your images
- Create custom color schemes with the free PowerPoint add-in
- Use this free application to creating talking avatars
- Tutorials on using 5 free graphics editors
- How to use these 3 free screen clipping tools
- Keep your elearning files in sync with this free application
Visual & Graphic Design Ideas for Your E-Learning Courses
In these tutorials I cover some graphic design ideas. I show how to come up with templates designs and build your own graphics and artwork.
- How to find inspiration for template and course design
- Build your own graphics with clip art
- How to build an envelope graphic
- Find the clip art the works best for your elearning course
- Create an interactive TV monitor graphic
- Miscellaneous graphic design tips from the elearning community
- Create custom images in PowerPoint and a free template
- Build your own laptop graphic in PowerPoint
- How to create your own display graphics
- 7 graphic design tutorials
- A simple style guide to clean up your elearning courses
- Create an elearning template for free
- Make your elearning courses look more interesting with simple tip
Project Management tips When Creating Online Learning
These tutorials cover broad project management tips that range from managing files to working with customers.
- Get your customer to make good decisions using the Fuzzy Thumb technique
- How to organize and manage your elearning course folders & assets
- Manage your images with the Clip Organizer
- Tips on managing all of your files and assets for elearning
The other day I was looking through the tutorials created by the elearning community and found that we have over 2,000 free elearning tutorials. That’s a lot more than I thought were there. So take advantage of them and the tips and tricks you get from your peers in the community.
Collection of E-Learning Community Tutorials
- E-Learning How-To: good collection of elearning tutorials with some nice examples.
- Tutorials that we curate from the elearning community. Each link has an RSS feed so you can stay on top of the latest tutorials added by community members.
Articulate Product Tutorials & Free Software Training
- Learn to build elearning courses: tips on getting started with elearning
- Articulate Storyline tutorials
- Articulate Presenter tutorials
- Articulate Quizmaker tutorials
- Articulate Engage tutorials
- Articulate Video Encoder tutorials
I haven’t counted all of these rapid elearning tutorials, but my guess is that there are at least 3,000 tutorials in this list which is something like 250 hours of free training on building rapid elearning courses.
Upcoming E-Learning Events
June 29-30 (Toronto, ON). Connect with your peers in the Toronto area and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. SOLD OUT.
- July 26 & 27 (Boston, MA). Connect with your peers in the northeast and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- August 3 & 4 (Seattle, WA). Connect with your peers in the Pacific Northwest and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- September 20-21 (Dallas, TX). Connect with your peers in Texas and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
- October 12-13 (Vancouver, BC). Connect with your peers in British Columbia and learn all sorts of tips & tricks in this fun community-based workshop. Register here.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.