You’ve heard you can’t judge a book by its cover. But the truth is, if a book doesn’t have a good cover, most people won’t even reach for it. The same can be said about elearning. Good visual design compels the learner to go deeper and learn more; and it reassures them the course is valuable and worth their time.
The course’s visual design is a powerful tool for setting the tone, communicating key concepts, and engaging your audience. I’d even say it’s critical to your course’s success. Because regardless of how thorough and accurate your content, people won’t want to experience it if it looks bad.
In the posts below, you’ll learn some visual design basics that make for more effective communication. You’ll also get practical graphic design tips and tricks so that you can build the right type of graphics for your courses.
Communicate with Good Visual Design
Graphic Design for Your E-Learning Courses
- Are You Looking for an Easy Way to Make Your Courses Look Interesting?
- 3 Sure-Fire Ways to Make Your E-Learning Graphics Sizzle
- 3 Easy Ways to Create Silhouette Characters
- 5 Ways to Use Silhouette Graphics in Your E-Learning Course
- Blur Your Course Into Focus
- See How Easily You Can Create Graphics in PowerPoint
- Here’s How to Get Past a Screen Full of Bullet Points
Resources to Help You Build Better Graphics
- 10 Sure-Fire Tips for Creating Your Own Stock Photos
- How to Find Stock Images for Your E-Learning Course without Breaking the Bank
- Over 100 Free Handwritten Fonts
- 9 Free Tools That Help Me Build Better E-Learning
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- May 22-24 (Atlanta). ATD International Conference & Expo. We'll be in booth 738. Swing by to chat.
- June 20-21 (San Diego). FocusOn Learning conference.
- Articulate Roadshows. Join us for one or two days of e-learning goodness. Day 1 focuses on more general type e-learning topics and Day 2 is centered on learning to build some nice, reusable interactions. Learn more and sign up using the links below. Seats are limited for the events. If you're interested in presenting at one of the roadshows, let me know.
- There are a couple of other events planned. Once we get all of the bookings confirmed, we'll add the registration page and info.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.