One way to engage learners and get passed locked navigation is to allow the users to explore content in the course. There’s many ways to leverage exploration in a course. For example, using the 3C model for branched decision-making (challenge, choices, and consequences), you could pose a challenge to the learner that requires them to research content to make an informed decision. In that case a simple interaction that allows them to explore content is a great way for them to collect information.
To help you out, I created an office exploration activity template that’s free for you to use.
Free E-Learning Interaction Example
Below is a published demo of the elearning interaction.
Free E-Learning Interaction Template
Here’s a link to the free elearning interaction template. It’s created in Storyline 2 and uses a 16×9 aspect ratio.
Since the template uses a flat design, you can easily incorporate it with these existing free resources to create a more complete interactive elearning experience.
- Flat office templates and office assets
- Flat office template
- Flat desktop & computer with zoom effect
- Four section office exploration with tutorials
- Timeline-style flat interaction
- Interactive conversation
- New Hire Orientation with free assets
- Gamified template made with free flat icons
- Free flat icons useful for interactive assets
- Interactive bulletin board for collecting information
Hope you enjoy. Let me know if you use the free e-learning interaction template.
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- May 22-24 (Atlanta). ATD International Conference & Expo. We'll be in booth 738. Swing by to chat.
- June 20-21 (San Diego). FocusOn Learning conference.
- Articulate Roadshows. Join us for one or two days of e-learning goodness. Day 1 focuses on more general type e-learning topics and Day 2 is centered on learning to build some nice, reusable interactions. Learn more and sign up using the links below. Seats are limited for the events. If you're interested in presenting at one of the roadshows, let me know.
- There are a couple of other events planned. Once we get all of the bookings confirmed, we'll add the registration page and info.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.