Last week I was at the Learning Solutions conference in Orlando and ran into my mentor and elearning pioneer, Dr. Werner Oppelbaumer. We chatted about trends in elearning and mobile training.
A lot’s happened over the past few years and it always seems like your lab is at the forefront of emerging technologies. For example, you’ve had great success with the:
What’s happening at Werner Labs today?
Thank you for asking. At Werner Labs we’re working on a dual food dispenser. This allows the application of two products at once. For example, with today’s mobile devices it is difficult to have more than one hand free. The dual food dispenser lets you hold your mobile device in one hand and dispense two foods with the other.
Initially we tested this on a hot dog with ketchup and mustard. Then we tried it with peanut butter and jelly. Since then, we’ve been able to add a number of different food items to what we call Super Squirts™ including steak & eggs and Caesar salad.
Feedback has been great especially from those who are tooth deficient. We’re also in contact with a major cosmetics firm that wants to create a way to apply makeup and makeup remover at the same time. Now that’s a win-win.
Interesting. At the conference today you gave a presentation on responsive design. I think many people are confused by responsive design and its value to elearning, especially for this upcoming mobile generation. Can you share it with the blog’s readers?
You are correct. Responsive design is critical for this new generation of learners who mostly use smart phone devices. And it’s very important that they learn and that the training we build is effective. Because as you know, if the phone is smart, then odds are you aren’t.
Here is my presentation on the introduction to responsive design for elearning.
Thank you, Dr. Werner.
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- We'll be adding events for 2017 soon. If you'd like to see one of our workshops in your area just let me know.
- Mar 20 (Orlando). Want to learn to build courses with the right look & feel? Join David Anderson at his all day workshop on Graphic Design Essentials for Non-Graphic eLearning Designers.
- Mar 22-23 (Orlando). Come by the booth at Learning Solutions and say hello.
- April 13 (Minneapolis). Variables Made Easy with Articulate Storyline. Limited seats, so sign up now.
- April 13 (Minneapolis). Articulate User Meet Up. Details coming soon.
- April 14 (Minneapolis). PACT Meeting: Facing Today's Instructional Design Challenges.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.