Now that Microsoft’s quit providing free clip art and free stock images many of you are scrambling to get hold of free resources to use for your elearning and training development.
Download Free Stock Images
In a previous post I shared 45 free stock images via the Unsplash site. In today’s post I’m going to share how to get 68 free stock images via Creative Tail. They’re free for commercial use which means you can use them for your online training courses.
Since the images are free to distribute based on the CC 4.0 license, I saved a few steps by putting them in a single folder for you to download.
You can download the free stock images here.
However, since Creative Tail made the images available for free, here’s a courtesy link to their 500 image pack you can purchase.
If you’re not inclined to use the free stock images, you can always find inexpensive stock photo subscriptions. In fact Graphic Stock (which has a good selection) regularly runs a $99/year subscription with unlimited downloads. They also have a video and audio service that is reasonably priced.
Editing Free Stock Images
Sometimes the stock images may not appear usable. However, one way to get more use out of them is to isolate people from the original image. This gives you more usable assets because a single image can become multiple distinct assets. And even if the stock images don’t work as a main image, with a blur filter applied, they become useful ambient background images.
In either case, it never hurts to take advantage of the free assets like these free stock images while they’re available. Hopefully they’ll come in handy.
Upcoming E-Learning Events
- We'll be adding events for 2017 soon. If you'd like to see one of our workshops in your area just let me know.
- Mar 20 (Orlando). Want to learn to build courses with the right look & feel? Join David Anderson at his all day workshop on Graphic Design Essentials for Non-Graphic eLearning Designers.
- Mar 22-23 (Orlando). Come by the booth at Learning Solutions and say hello.
- April 13 (Minneapolis). Variables Made Easy with Articulate Storyline. Limited seats, so sign up now.
- April 13 (Minneapolis). Articulate User Meet Up. Details coming soon.
- April 14 (Minneapolis). PACT Meeting: Facing Today's Instructional Design Challenges.
Free E-Learning Resources
Want to learn more? Check out these articles and free resources in the community.
Here’s a great job board for elearning, instructional design, and training jobs
Participate in the weekly elearning challenges to sharpen your skills
Lots of cool elearning examples to check out and find inspiration.